Nickel is vital to the stainless steel industry and has played a key role in the development of the chemical and aerospace industries. Furthermore, through the use of nickel, the sophisticated industrial complexes that provide our high standard of living and superior military technology and armament are made possible. Nickel's greatest value is in alloys with other elements, where it adds strength and corrosion resistance over a wide range of temperatures.
- Table 1.--Salient nickel statistics
- Table 2.--U.S. reported consumption of primary nickel, by use
- Table 3.--Reported U.S. consumption of nickel, by form
- Table 4.--U.S. imports of unwrought nickel products, by class
- Table 5.--U.S. exports of unwrought nickel products, by class
- Table 6.--Average annual nickel prices