Eastern Mineral and Environmental Resources Science Center
Publications and Products
Resources Program External Research Program final reports
can be accessed at http://minerals.usgs.gov/mrerp/reports.html .
Bibliographies of Publications by the USGS
Eastern Mineral and Environmental Resources Science Center, 1996
- 1997 /
1998 - 1999 /
2000 - 2001 /
2002 - 2003 / 2004
- 2005 / 2006
- 2007 /
2008 - 2009 / 2010- 2011 / 2012 - 2013
On-line publications: Selected publications || Informal
publications || General interest publications ||
Other publications of interest
Central and Western U.S., and Alaska
- The Geologic Story of the Ocoee
River - Cherokee National Forest of southeastern Tennessee
- Copper - A Metal for the Ages: U.S.
Geological Survey Fact Sheet 2009-3031,
2009, by Jeff Doebrich and Linda Masonic, 4 p.
Molybdenum-A Key Component of Metal
Alloys: U.S. Geological Survey
Fact Sheet 2009-3106, 2010, by S.J.
Kropschot, 4 p.
- Frank, Dave, Galloway, John, and Assmus, Ken, 2005, The life cycle of a mineral deposit--A teacher's guide for hands-on mineral education activities: U.S. Geological Survey General Information Product 17 [available online at http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/2005/17/ ].
- Geology of the Ocoee Whitewater
Center, Cherokee National Forest
- Volcanic Fire and
Glacial Ice: Geologic Wonders of the George Washington and Jefferson National
Forests: No. 4 in a series, by US Geological Survey
in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (Forest Service, Southern
- Glimpses of the Ice Age from I-81
- remnants of the Ice Age on the mountains between Strasburg and Harrisonburg,
- The Mountain That Moved
- the largest known landslides in eastern North America and among the largest
in the world, Montgomery and Craig Counties, Virginia
- A Central Appalachian Rock
Band - A rock band that helps explain about the changing earth -- but
not the kind of rock band you might expect. These are the rocks that make
up the Central Appalachian Mountains.
- A Southern Appalachian Rock
Band - This rock band is composed of the rocks that make up the Southern