Alaska Mineral Resources
Because the USGS Mineral Resources Program is responsible for providing objective scientific information on mineral resources to Federal agencies, this project will develop tasks that address minerals and geoscience issues on all types of Federal lands. Using input from the Interagency Minerals Coordinating Group in Alaska, Federal land managers, Federal land user groups, and USGS scientists, these tasks will be prioritized based on their scientific soundness and impact, appropriateness to the USGS mission, and interest and cost-sharing abilities of other Federal agencies. USGS staff for each task will be based on required skills and availability of personnel. Tasks may include original research or analyses of existing data. Geologic mapping, geophysical and/or geochemical modeling, multispectral image analysis, geostatistics, and spatial analysis will be used to address the specific scientific issues in each region.
(1) Produce a new geologic map of the western Alaska Range.
(2) Metallogeny of the western Alaska Range.
(3) Petrogenesis of western Alaska Range igneous rocks.
(4) Geophysical framework of the western Alaska Range.
(5) Exhumation, erosion, and tectonics of the western Alaska Range.
(6) Framework geology for mineral assessment.
|Mineral Resources||Eastern / Central / Western / Alaska / Minerals Information|
|Crustal Geophysics & Geochemistry / Spatial Data|